Development News - NetModem
Version 2.xx Release History
September 12, 2005: NetModem version 2.12 released
- Under certain network conditions, NetModem could fail
to communicate between the server and the client when either are run
under Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. This is resolved.
- NetModem Client now has a keep-alive feature, to prevent
some networks from disconnecting after a long period of idling.
2005: NetModem version 2.12 released
- NetModem Server could log certain AT commands sent
to the modem as being dial commands, which were in fact not dial commands.
This is now corrected.
- Optimized client trace function to avoid lag during
a trace session.
- The version 2.11 installer had an invalid version-upgrade
setting. Because of this, users upgrading from 2.11 to 2.12 will need
to uninstall 2.11 before installing 2.12. However the configuration
settings will be retained in the process. Upgrading from any previous
versions is not an issue.
2005: NetModem version 2.11 released
- NetModem Server now checks MS Fax Service is holding
a shared modem open in receive mode, before attempting to share a modem
with a client. If MS Fax Service is controlling a modem that's not in
use, NetModem Server borrows it from the fax service allowing the client
to use it.
- NetModem Client has enhanced support for DOS based
applications running under Windows. DOS applications can be run on virtual
ports numbered COM1-COM4.
28, 2005: NetModem version 2.10 released
- NetModem Server has been rewritten as a seperate Service
and GUI, allowing it to be configured and monitored remotly under Terminal
Services or Remote Desktop. Several performance enhancments have been
added during this process.
- NetModem Server now allows remapped RDC COM ports to
have the same names as existing COM ports. Remapped RDC COM ports are
designated with a * after the name, such as COM1*.
- NetModem Server's Status now displays usernames of
any clients using both a login and a pool password.
- NetModem Server's Block Dialin function is enhanced
to avoid blocking additional AT commands used by some modems.
- NetModem Client now sends a "Credentials Accepted"
message to the application software when the login/password is provided
within the application, allowing an application script to supply the
March 24, 2005: NetModem version 2.02 released.
- Minor fix: NetModem client driver could crash if a
buggy application requested to read 0 bytes.
March 14, 2005: NetModem version 2.01 released.
- Idle clients can be automaticly disconnected after
xx minutes of inactivity (defined in Pool Properties).
- The Administrator can manually disconnect a client
by right clicking them and selecting "Disconnect".
- The servers list of Active Connections can now be sorted
by any field, by clicking the field name.
- The "Test Server connection" now uses color
messages to indicate if the test was successful or failed.
- Fixed an issue with finding users/groups on an Active
Directory domain server.
February 28, 2005: NetModem version 2.00 released.
- Support for multiple modem pools. Each pool can contain
several shared modems or COM ports.
- Each pool supports User Authentication or a Pool Password
- Each pool can be configured to block dialin access
- Each pool can be configured to limit dialout access
to a list of allowed phone numbers.
- Server logs each phone number dialed, and logs client
- Single Installer for Windows NT4, 2000, XP, 2003.
- Fixed issue when port set to 7,E,1 (7 data bits, Even
Parity, 1 stop bit)